Our Mission is to see people come to know Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior. So how do you do that?
It is a fact that death brings us face to face with God. And if our lives are not in order then it is too late. This idea is frightening. Many push it out of their mind until it’s too late. If you had died the minute you started to read this, would you have had the assurance that you would be in heaven?
Not know can lead you to turmoil and emotional stress, but the Bible is clear that in order to get right with God you must:
- Realize that you are a sinner. No matter how good a life we try to live, we will still fall miserably short of God’s standards. The Bible says, “All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
- Recognize that Jesus Christ died on the cross for you. Scripture says, “But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.” (Romans 5:8)
- Repent of your sin. The Bible tells us to “repent and be converted.” The word “repent” means to change our direction in life. Instead of running from God, we can run toward Him. (Acts 3:19)
- Receive Jesus Christ into your life. Becoming a Christian is not merely believing a creed or going to church. It is having Christ Himself take residence in your life and heart. Jesus said, “Behold, I stand at the door (of your life) and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in . . .” (Revelation 3:20, Romans 10:13)
This is possible because:
- Jesus offers unconditional love (no strings attached). Romans 5:8 says, “God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (NIV). God loves you, no matter what you have done in your life.
- Jesus provides unchangeable love (forever the same). John 15:9 says “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love” (NIV). Jesus’ love for you never varies or ceases.
- Jesus guarantees unconquerable love (always victorious). Romans 8:37 says, “In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us” (NIV).
Would you like Jesus Christ to come into your life right now? You might pray this suggested prayer:
“God, I repent of my sins, but I thank you for sending your Son, Jesus Christ, to die for me and to pay the price for my sin. I turn from it now and turn to you by faith. Lord I don’t know everything, but I know as much as I know how I want to live for you. Jesus, come into my life and forgive me. I want to follow you from this time forward as your disciple. Thank you, Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray.”
We would be excited to assist you in this eternally important decision, but we would also like to connect you with a church that can help you along this journey and help you to grow in your faith. If you have made a commitment to Christ and are not yet connected to a Bible believing and teaching church, or even if you just have questions you need answers to, we would love to hear from you and help you to continue to walk with Jesus Christ. So drop us a note or give us a call and let us help you in the most important decision of your eternity.